Commercial Security Monitoring Services
Commercial Security Monitoring Services Provided by Our Secure UL Listed Central Station
Barcom Security takes great pride in our Central Station and Monitoring services. Our secure UL Listed Central Station houses state-of-the-art technology for continual monitoring of multiple systems, utilizing a Manitou Operating System. Our Central Station facility, located within our Corporate Headquarters in Swansea, Illinois, offers the only UL Listed Central Monitoring Station in the Metro East area. This allows us to provide unsurpassed Commercial Security Monitoring Services to all of our clients, assuring quick and reliable response to any emergency situation. Each of our operators are CSAA Five Diamond Certified.
What is a “UL Listed Central Station”?
A UL Listed Central Station is an Alarm Monitoring Facility whose service meets the Underwriters Laboratory Standards and Safety. UL requirements cover building structure, receiving and monitoring equipment, staffing, installation, and ongoing services and must be met at all times. UL conducts regular on-site visits to check products for continued compliance to standards.
What is a “Five Diamond Central Station”?
Each operator must have not only passed the test, but demonstrated:
- Proficiency in communications with the Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radios
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual and The National Fire Association
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities
What does the Central Station do?
- Monitors alarms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Can dispatch Police, Fire or Ambulance, within seconds of an alarm sounding
- Monitors temperature controlled climates, such as commercial refrigerators and freezers
- Assists with monthly system testing
Barcom Security also has the capability to monitor Fire and Burglar Alarms through current network connections or over the Verizon GSM network. This is just one of the many abilities that make Barcom your qualified Commercial Security Monitoring Services Company.